“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

I really enjoyed reading The Time Traveler’s Wife and so naturally I am intrigued to find out if her next book The Fearful Symmetry can live up to the success of its predecessor. So far I have seen really positive, even glowing, reviews, so I’m really excited about this one and can’t wait for its release!

UK:
Publisher: Jonathan Cape
PublicationDate: 1 Oct 2009
Hardback: 400 pages

US:
Publisher: Scribner
PublicationDate: 29 Sept 2009
Hardback: 416 pages

Summary (Amazon UK)

Julia and Valentina Poole are normal American teenagers – normal, at least, for identical ‘mirror’ twins who have no interest in college or jobs or possibly anything outside their cozy suburban home. But everything changes when they receive notice that an aunt whom they didn’t know existed has died and left them her flat in an apartment block overlooking Highgate Cemetery in London. They feel that at last their own lives can begin … but have no idea that they’ve been summoned into a tangle of fraying lives, from the obsessive-compulsive crossword setter who lives above them to their aunt’s mysterious and elusive lover who lives below them, and even to their aunt herself, who never got over her estrangement from the twins’ mother – and who can’t even seem to quite leave her flat.

With Highgate Cemetery itself a character and echoes of Henry James and Charles Dickens, “Her Fearful Symmetry” is a delicious and deadly twenty-first-century ghost story about Niffenegger’s familiar themes of love, loss and identity. It is certain to cement her standing as one of the most singular and remarkable novelists of our time.

Pre-order your copy

OR

Tagged with

Carolyn

Carolyn created Book Chick City in July 2009 due to her love of books. A Brit chick obsessed with zombies, kick-arse chicks and sexy heroes. She's also seriously addicted to chocolate, shopping, and speciality teas (Teapigs anyone?). Her favourite genres are Urban Fantasy, Romance and Zombie Lit... Brrraaaaiiinnnnsss!

...MY NAME IS ELENI AND I AM A BOOKAHOLIC... September 9, 2009 at 3:20 am

Their is something really interesting about this book cover but don't know why?

thebookaddict September 9, 2009 at 3:34 am

I loved Time Traveler's Wife (as I stated in my review)! I can't wait to read this one…she is a great writer!

ann marie September 9, 2009 at 3:35 am

That is a good one, I will most definitely be adding to my reading list. Have a great day.

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) September 9, 2009 at 4:00 am

I was able to get an ARC of this and just adored it, as i did Time Traveler's Wife.

You won't be disappointed.

Michelle

Leslie September 9, 2009 at 4:41 am

awww i want to read this book i loved the Time Travelers Wife =)

Literary Feline September 9, 2009 at 8:37 am

I still haven't gotten around to reading The Time Traveler's Wife. One of these days . . . This one sounds good too.

Aimee September 9, 2009 at 9:16 am

can't wait for this one.

-Aimee

So Many Books, So Little Time September 9, 2009 at 9:40 am

I loved The Time TRaveller's Wife so I'm looking forward to seeing if this lives up to it. Great pick!

Sandy Nawrot September 9, 2009 at 10:24 am

SERIOUSLY waiting on this one. Not long ago, I went charging into a book store demanding it, not realizing it wasn't out yet. Argh! I am ever so jealous of those who got the ARC!

Lori(Pure Imagination) September 9, 2009 at 11:49 am

I can't wait to read this one!

Mandi September 9, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Definitely looking forward to this one

Mel (He Followed Me Home) September 9, 2009 at 1:52 pm

Great minds think alike!! I posted this one as well ;)

bookalicious September 9, 2009 at 4:46 pm

I was extremely lucky to get a chance to read this before it was published and I loved it, obviously. It's not quite as good as TTW, but still an outstanding novel. If anyone's interested, my review can be found here. :)

Mary September 9, 2009 at 7:13 pm

I've seen another cover for this book. Can't wait to see some reviews!

vampira2468 September 9, 2009 at 11:57 pm
Tam @ Bailey's and Books September 10, 2009 at 1:24 am

I'm with you – I am looking forward to this one too!

A Little Pink... September 10, 2009 at 4:59 am

I can't wait for this one either!! :) Loved the Time Travelers Wife.