Orbit US have bought three books by author Jesse Petersen, the first of which, MARRIED WITH ZOMBIES, we will be publishing in mass market in September 2010. I must say I am quite excited about the sound of this new series – can’t believe I have to wait until September!
Two unlikely heroes — a couple on the verge of divorce. On their way to marriage counseling, they notice a few odd things: a missing guard, a lack of cars on the freeway, and their counselor ripping out the throat of her previous client. Now it’s up to David and Sarah to work together, save their marriage — and survive in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. The book is chock-full of valuable post-apocalyptic marriage advice, including:
- Balance the workload in your relationship. No one person should be responsible for killing all the zombies.
- Put the small stuff into perspective. It’s better to be wrong and alive than right but eating brains.
- Talk out your big decisions. Hear both opinions before you decide if you’re going to flee the city or hole up with Campbell’s Soup and CNN.
- Share in your activities and interests. If you’re going to kill zombies anyway, why not do it together?
- Plan romantic getaways. Or just getaways.
- Show physical affection. Nothing says ‘I love you’ like bearing the entirety of your spouse’s body weight.
Visit the authors WEBSITE to find out more. You can also read CHAPTER ONE of Married with Zombies.