Orbit US have bought three books by author Jesse Petersen, the first of which, MARRIED WITH ZOMBIES, we will be publishing in mass market in September 2010. I must say I am quite excited about the sound of this new series – can’t believe I have to wait until September!
Two unlikely heroes — a couple on the verge of divorce. On their way to marriage counseling, they notice a few odd things: a missing guard, a lack of cars on the freeway, and their counselor ripping out the throat of her previous client. Now it’s up to David and Sarah to work together, save their marriage — and survive in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. The book is chock-full of valuable post-apocalyptic marriage advice, including:
- Balance the workload in your relationship. No one person should be responsible for killing all the zombies.
- Put the small stuff into perspective. It’s better to be wrong and alive than right but eating brains.
- Talk out your big decisions. Hear both opinions before you decide if you’re going to flee the city or hole up with Campbell’s Soup and CNN.
- Share in your activities and interests. If you’re going to kill zombies anyway, why not do it together?
- Plan romantic getaways. Or just getaways.
- Show physical affection. Nothing says ‘I love you’ like bearing the entirety of your spouse’s body weight.