‘Cover Crush’ is a regular feature here at BCC. I love covers – they’re the first thing that catches my eye and will be the primary reason I pick up a book. This feature is where I highlight gorgeous covers of books I’ve seen either around the blogosphere or at the bookshop. These posts run sporadically, as soon as I see a cover I love, I post it!

I love the new covers for Eve Edwards’ young adult historical romance series comprising so far of ‘The Other Countess‘, which I reviewed last year for YA-10, ‘The Queen’s Lady‘ and ‘The Rogue Princess‘ publishing this July. I think they are all really striking and beautiful, but ‘The Rogue Princess‘ is my favourite.

I didn’t think I would like covers where the head is missing but there’s something I just love about these covers, maybe it’s the different colours or the font? Well, whatever it is, I love them. What are you’re thoughts – do you like them?

Book One
It’s 1582 and eighteen-year-old Will Lacey’s family is in trouble. After years of wasteful spending, his late father has run Lacey Hall to near ruin. Tasked with marrying his family back into fortune, the new Earl of Dorset is all set for a season at court to woo not just the Queen but potential brides with his jousting skills. But when Ellie – a strong-willed girl with nothing to her name but a worthless Spanish title – catches Will’s eye, he faces a bigger battle than he could ever have anticipated.

Book Two

1584 – Surrey, England When Lady Jane Rievaulx begins service to the Queen at Richmond Palace, she is thrilled at the court’s newest arrival . . . Master James Lacey. Despite her previous courtship with his older brother, James is the man she truly loves. And for his part, he cannot deny his fascination with her. However, James is setting sail on a treacherous journey to the Americas, seeking absolution for what he sees as past sins. But when Lady Jane is forced into a terrible situation by her own family, there is only one man to save her. Will Master James return to his lady ­- before it’s too late?

Book Three

1586 – London, England. Sixteen-year-old Mercy Hart is the daughter of one of London’s richest – and strictest – cloth merchants. Kit Turner is an actor and the illegitimate son of the late Earl of Dorset. A chance encounter finds Kit falling for the beautiful Mercy’s charms, but their love is forbidden. A merchant’s daughter and a vagabond – it simply cannot be. If Mercy chooses Kit she must renounce her family name and leave her home. Will she favour duty over true love, or will she give Kit his heart’s desire?
Eve Edwards Online

Carolyn created Book Chick City in July 2009 due to her love of books. A Brit chick obsessed with zombies, kick-arse chicks and sexy heroes. She's also seriously addicted to chocolate, shopping, and coffee. Her favourite genres are Urban Fantasy, Romance and Zombie Lit... Brrraaaaiiinnnnsss!

Jules (The Great, The Good and The Bad) April 19, 2011 at 3:08 pm

These do look fab and I love that they each have such a strong colour statement. You can see that they are all connected but all completely separate and individual at the same time. I can see why you selected these as you cover crush.

Fiction Vixen April 19, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Lovely covers. I think all my favorite covers are from the Historical Romance genre.

Jennifer (An Abundance of Books) April 19, 2011 at 6:55 pm

These covers have great colors and gorgeous dresses – will definitely pop off the shelf and grab attention.

They actually remind me a lot of the Philippa Gregory covert.

Phanee April 19, 2011 at 7:01 pm

They remind me of Philippa Gregory covers, too! But they just stand out to me and shout ''Read me, read me!''. I can definitely see why you chose these covers as your cover-crush! :)

Lisa April 19, 2011 at 8:04 pm

A) I love historical fiction and B) I love the covers too and funnily enough, I was going to say they look like Philippa Gregory's covers as well! I wonder if they used the same designer?

Rebecca Herman April 19, 2011 at 9:22 pm

I preferred the old covers because I don't like headless covers at all. I find them distracting, it annoys me I can't see the whole picture. I would have liked these covers if they kept the heads, like the old covers, but changed the colors to the new ones.

girlsinthestacks.com April 20, 2011 at 3:33 am

You said BOOKSHOP!! Love it. We say boring old bookstore here.

Anyway, the covers are fab. Not heard of this series but am a lover of historical fiction so after I type this I'm off to download first book to my kindle.

Book Chick City April 20, 2011 at 9:19 am

Yay, glad most of you are with me on this one and think the covers or beautiful.

Rebecca Herman – I liked the old covers too, but after seeing these ones the original seems rather bland, old fashioned and dull. Sometimes I think heads would be better but then I get annoyed when they don't match my vision of the characters, so I think headless is probably better for me :)