• Posted in Uncategorized
2011 Summer Romance Reading Challenge
If you are a regular reader of BCC, you will know that I’m more of a Horror/Urban Fantasy fan than one for romance. However, I have found that I am now reading more than usual after having dipped my toes into the romance genres for the first time last year. So, to celebrate this continued love of romance, I have decided to host my short summer romance reading challenge again this year.
Last time I set myself the target of 16 books… and totally failed. But I’m determined to do better this time around, and I hope you’ll join me! There will also be a little surprise giveaway at the end of the challenge!
There are many sub-genres under the ‘romance’ umbrella and I have listed them below. I hope you will join me in what I hope will be a summer of love and discovery! Hehe! Button and guidelines below.
Timeline: 1st June 2011 ~ 30th Sept 2011. Only books started on June 1st count towards this challenge.
1. Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate.
2. 4 months, 8 books – that’s doable, right? Or if you want to push yourself further, double it to 16!!
3. Any book format counts except audiobooks.
5. The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
6. If you decide to participate in this challenge with me, please use the link I have set up below with the button to post on your sidebar, this way others can find their way back to this post and join in the fun. Also, be sure to create a post telling others with a link back to this post so others can join in.
8. You can link your reviews HERE to be entered into the prize draw at the end of the challenge. Prize/s will be chosen at the end of the challenge. You must have at least a challenge post or the button on sidebar to be eligible for entry.
9. You can view my progress HERE.
• Historical Romance
• Paranormal Romance
• Science Fiction Romance
• Contemporary Romance
• Romantic Suspense
• Western Romance
• Fantasy Romance
• GLBT Romance
If you need further help to decide on which sub-genre to choose check out Wikipeadia
When you sign up under Mr. Linky, please add the DIRECT URL to your Summer Romance Challenge post, NOT your blog URL. This way other participants can read about your progress and give support.