I’m very pleased to welcome authors Carol Goodman and her husband, Lee Slonimsky to the blog today. Together they write under the pseudonym of Lee Carroll. The first book in their new urban fantasy series, Black Swan Rising was published in 2010, and the second book, The Watchtower, was released in August, both by Bantam Books. So, please give them both a warm welcome.
1. LONDON: we are desperate to get back to a city which for one of us hosted a most formative youthful summer in 1974. Regents Park, the theatres, and riding the Central Line, not necessarily in that order.
2. EDINBURGH: Scotland looms large as a possible future locale for both Lee Carroll and Carol’s Fairwick Chronicles series, so we’d better see it first!
3. DUBLIN: the poet in both of us has a particular desire to participate in the open mike at Last Wednesday’s at Twisted Pepper. And no better place to explore part of our heritage.
4. ROME: we are hoping for writing residencies at the American Academy, close to where one of us did her junior undergraduate year abroad. “The Sycamores of Rome” is the projected title for a possible poetry collection by both of us.
5. PARIS: the poet in us hopes to attend the English language readings at Shakespeare & Co. on the Seine after spending perhaps a bit too much psychic time in the catacombs for Lee Carroll no. 3, The Shape Stealer.
6. MADAGASCAR: it has such beautiful vistas and so many species found nowhere else on earth.
7. PRAGUE: we have heard such evocative things about this city of great astronomer and Shape Stealer character Johannes Kepler, and Franz Kafka.
8. WARSAW: the poet in both of us longs for time in a country that cherishes poetry so well. And no better place to explore part of our heritage.
9. HONG KONG: we have heard so many great things about this bustling city.
10. SYDNEY: Australia has been a friend to our writing, and snorkeling near the Great Barrier Reef is a dream of many years.
Thank you Book Chick City!
Lee Carroll is a pseudonym for the collaboration between Hammet Award-winning mystery novelist Carol Goodman and her poet and hedge fund manager husband, Lee Slonimsky. Goodman and Slonimsky live in Great Neck, New York.
To find out more about Lee Carroll and their books, visit their website, www.carolgoodman.com.
Thanks to Transworld/Tor US, I have two sets of Black Swan Rising and The Watchtower to give away! This is open to UK & US only. This giveaway ends Tuesday 13th Sept 2011
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED