I was very excited when I received an email from a publicist at Berkley UK (Penguin imprint). I have been very envious of my friends across the water at the amount of paranormal romance and urban fantasy they are exposed to. I can buy from Amazon but it’s so much nicer to be able to purchase books from UK publishers.

Here’s what Berkley says:

Berkley UK is Penguin’s new fiction imprint, specialising in publishing the best in urban fantasy and paranormal romance. The Berkley name has a history of publishing the highest quality commercial fiction in the US and, building on this reputation, Berkley UK will publish an exciting list of fantasy and supernatural fiction for the UK market. Penguin is thrilled to be stepping into the exciting world of fantasy and science fiction.

I have been sent a list of books that we lucky readers have coming over the next 12 months or so. US readers may already have these books available to them, but as a Brit chick I am so excited that they will also be published here.
So without further ado, take a look at these yummies:
Dust (Dust #1) by Joan Frances Turner (Horror, Zombie)
Released 1st Sept, 2011
Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom #1)by Devon Monk (Urban Fantasy)
Released 13th Oct, 2011
Nightlife (Cal Leandros #1)by Rob Thurman (Urban Fantasy)
Released 10th Nov, 2011
Grave Witch(Alex Craft #1) by Kalayna Price (Urban Fantasy)
Released 8th Dec, 2011

Magic in the Blood(Allie Beckstrom #2) by Devon Monk (Urban Fantasy)
Released 5th Jan, 2012

Grave Dance (Alex Craft #2) by Kalayna Price (Urban Fantasy)
Released 2nd Feb 2012

*N.B. US Cover*

Moonshine (Cal Leandros #2) by Rob Thurman (Urban Fantasy)
Released 1st March, 2012

The Iron Duke (Iron Seas #1) by Meljean Brook (Steampunk Romance)
Released 12th April, 2012

*N.B. US Cover*

The Pack by Jason Starr (Supernatural Thriller)
Released 10th May, 2012

*N.B. US Cover*

Magic in the Shadows (Allie Beckstrom #3) by Devon Monk (Urban Fantasy)
Released 7th June, 2012

*N.B. US Cover*

Grave Memory (Alex Craft #3) by Kalayna Price (Urban Fantasy)
Released 5th July, 2012
*No Cover Available*
Madhouse (Cal Leandros #3) by Rob Thurman (Urban Fantasy)
Released 2nd Aug, 2012
*N.B. US Cover*
Heart of Steel (Iron Seas #2) by Meljean Brook (Steampunk Romance)
Released 2nd Aug, 2012
*N.B. US Cover*
Frail (Dust #2) by Joan Frances Turner (Horror, Zombies)
Released 6th Sept, 2012
*No Cover Available*
The Craving by Jason Starr (Supernatural Thriller)
Released 11th Oct, 2012
*No Cover Available*
Fury’s Kiss by Karen Chance (Urban Fantasy)
Released 11th Oct, 2012
*No Cover Available*
Magic on the Storm (Allie Beckstrom #4) by Devon Monk (Urban Fantasy)
Released 1st Nov, 2012
*N.B. US Cover*
Deathwish (Cal Leandros #4) by Rob Thurman (Urban Fantasy)
Released 6th Dec, 2012
*N.B. US Cover*
So there you have it – the list of awesome books coming from Berkley UK! Excited? I know I am! ;DFind out more about Berkley UK, as well as exclusive extracts, cover reveals and competitions at www.facebook.com/BerkleyUK!

Carolyn

Carolyn created Book Chick City in July 2009 due to her love of books. A Brit chick obsessed with zombies, kick-arse chicks and sexy heroes. She's also seriously addicted to chocolate, shopping, and coffee. Her favourite genres are Urban Fantasy, Romance and Zombie Lit... Brrraaaaiiinnnnsss!

Sarah November 11, 2011 at 10:55 am

OMG I'm soooooo excited!! I picked up The Iron Duke when I was in America and it was amazing, so exciting that we're getting that series over here :o)

I've heard amazing things about Devon Monk & Rob Thurman so I'm very excited about both of their series but there are a lot of titles on this list that are going on my wish list! I have a feeling I'll be buying a LOT of Berkley titles from now onwards!

Ailsa November 11, 2011 at 11:26 am

Yay!
I found Grave Witch in my local indie bookshop, and didn't realise till I was trying to find Grave Dance that they weren't actually published in the UK.
Can't wait to see some of these in more UK bookshops!

~Ailsa

Vivienne November 11, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Oooh Grave Witch! I neeeeedd! This is fabulous news. I can't wait to get my hands on this. Thanks for spending my money.

Kay (Dead Book Darling) November 11, 2011 at 1:01 pm

This is brilliant. Even though, yeah, a lot of indie stores stock the US editions of these books, it will be nice to seem in mainstream stores like Waterstones. Maybe they'll even make the 3 for 2 table? *crosses fingers*

Hannah November 11, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Oooh I wondered why Grave Witch on my wishlist suddenly had a new cover coming up! Should have known :D These all look fantastic. I am very excited!

Book Passion for Life November 11, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Wow! Awesome, it's get we're finally getting so more books and the fact that they will be available to more people. I can't wait! ~ Donna

Carmen November 11, 2011 at 5:07 pm

OMG! These all look SO good! Dust and Frail in particular! Come to mama!

ilona November 11, 2011 at 6:00 pm

See me jumping up and down in excitement? Answer: Of course I am :D

It's about time us Brits had the chance to get the books without having to use Amazon USA (the postal alone would buy another book :D)

Blodeuedd November 11, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Ohhh, good books, I want them :D Yay for Berkley coming to US, well, UK anyway, closer than US for me for sure

LoriStrongin November 12, 2011 at 3:54 am

Awesome news! It's definitely heartening that in this time of publishing uncertainty, that one of the big houses is willing to take the risk and go further with sharing excellent reads with even more people!

Smiles!
Lori

My keeper shelf November 13, 2011 at 8:45 am

Fantastic, I loved The Iron Duke and I have Heart of Steel sitting on my shelf right now, I also buy from Amazon but it's great to see more books readily available in the UK.