I’m pleased to welcome author Jeanette Grey to the blog today. Jeanette is the author of Unacceptable Risk, a science fiction/cyberpunk with strong romantic elements. So, please give a warm welcome to Jeanette.
Let’s face it. Writing and snacking is second best only to reading and snacking. And both of them are better when the snacks are top notch.
And what makes everything in the entire world better?
That’s right. Nutella. The decadent, creamy, chocolate hazelnut spread is proof that there is a higher power, and there are so many ways to enjoy it. Here are just ten of them…
1) Spread it on graham crackers. It’s basic. It’s easy. Everyone has them ready to go at a moment’s notice. Bliss.
2) Take it to go. I found these amazing ‘Nutella & Go!’ cups in Italy while I was on vacation and filled my suitcase with them on the way home. They consist of a little cup full of Nutella and a compartment full of cracker-sticks. Dip, eat, yum.
3) Make brownies out of it. This is the easiest, simplest, most delicious brownie recipe ever. It has only four – count ‘em – four ingredients.
4) Warm it up and drizzle it over fresh berries. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries. It’s all amazing. Best of all, you can kind of pretend it’s healthy.
5) Eat it with potato chips or pretzels. Don’t judge. It’s a salty-sweet yum.
6) Put it in a crepe. This is so delicious, it should be closer to the top of the list, but sadly it requires effort to prepare, so it’s not ideal for most emergency snacking situations. If you do want to try your hand at making them, I love the sweet crepe recipe available at CooksIllustrated.com, which includes easy-to-follow instructions for cooking the fussy little things with minimal hassle. But if you don’t have a subscription or just can’t be bothered, you can always fly to Paris to enjoy a hot crepe there. I recommend Au P’tit Grec on Rue Mouffetard.
7) Slather it on warm bread. This is a guilty pleasure breakfast for me sometimes. Take a roll out of the freezer, pop it in the oven, pull it out, break it apart, smear Nutella generously. Mmmm.
8) Eat it off of someone else’s body. ‘Nuff said. Unf.
9) Use it in s’mores instead of the chocolate. It’s one of the inescapable dilemmas of making s’mores: trying to get that big honking square of chocolate to get all melty and gooey. My favorite solution? Skip the chocolate and use a generous dollop of Nutella instead.
10) Lick it off the spoon. No matter how you choose to use your Nutella, you’re inevitably going to end up with a spoon or knife that’s covered in the fabulous stuff. And rather than a waste, that’s probably the very best part of all.
Jeanette Grey started out with degrees in physics and painting, which she dutifully applied to stunted careers in teaching, technical support, and advertising. When none of that panned out, she started writing. Her stories include futuristic romances and erotic contemporaries.
When she isn’t writing, Jeanette enjoys making pottery, playing board games, and spending time with her husband and her pet frog. She lives, loves, and writes in upstate New York. She is a member of Romance Writers of America, Carolina Romance Writers, and Capital Region Romance Writers.
Courtesy of Jeanette, I have one e-book copy of Unacceptable Risk to give away. This giveaway is international and ends 18th April 2012.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED