COVER ART: Rapture by J.R. Ward

RAPTURE (Fallen Angels #4)
RELEASE DATE: Sept 2012
PUBLISHER: Piatkus
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
ARTIST: Unknown

Mels Carmichael, reporter for the Caldwell Courier Journal, gets the shock of her life when a man stumbles in front of her car outside the local cemetery. After the accident, his amnesia is just the kind of mystery she likes to solve, but she soon discovers they’re over their heads with his past. Over their heads with passion, too… As shadows walk the line between reality and another realm, and her lover’s memory begins to come back, the two of them learn that nothing is truly dead and buried. Especially when you’re trapped in a no-holds-barred war between angels and demons. With a soul on the line, and Mels’s heart at risk, what in heaven – or in hell – will it take to save them both?

LAURA’S THOUGHTS

This is one busy cover! I’m not sure how I feel about it as I think it almost has too much going on. I think it would work better without the city background on. What I do like is the lightening, the motorbike, even the guys back and the tattoo across his shoulders. I also think there is a bit too much text and a few too many fonts, although I like the main font and colours of the title and author’s name. So I like it, but I think it needs simplifying slightly.

CAROLYN’S THOUGHTS

I totally agree with Laura, this cover is very busy. Lots of different colours, fonts and images that don’t necessarily go together. And isn’t this series about angels? Where are the wings?? It sort of fits with the previous covers in the series, but I don’t think it works as well. The others are better in my opinion.

J.R. WARD ONLINE
Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook

PREVIOUS COVERS IN SERIES

BUY IT

Tagged with ,

Carolyn

Carolyn created Book Chick City in July 2009 due to her love of books. A Brit chick obsessed with zombies, kick-arse chicks and sexy heroes. She's also seriously addicted to chocolate, shopping, and coffee. Her favourite genres are Urban Fantasy, Romance and Zombie Lit... Brrraaaaiiinnnnsss!

Gemma May 17, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Although it is carying on the theme, I never really took to the UK covers. I prefer the US covers better

Vickie May 17, 2012 at 6:51 pm

what can i say… I am gonna get shot here…. i don’t really look at covers that much….lol… lately all the covers of the i like are starting to look similar… lots of men with tattoos and the occasional woman draped over said tattooed male… so i tend to forgo the cover, and dive straight in. I do agree that its rather busy, but it does follow the rest of the series so it does fit…
Carolyn, not sure if you have read these or not so excuse me if you have (teaching you to suck eggs and all that) but although the main character is an angel I don’t think you see him with wings… there is a trio of winged dudes, but you don’t see too much of them, so perhaps thats why the lack of plumage on the covers?

Gemma May 17, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Have you heard that book 4 is going to be the larger paperback? I think they are ok, but I’m not buying it when it first comes out. (Don’t hold your breath though! I could still cave! Lol)

Vickie May 17, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I have enjoyed this series :D don’t know why they are doing the larger books…really not keen on them, they are annoying on the bookshelf…although, mine never make it that far… the poor things are scattered all over the house as I ran out of shelves years ago…oops.

Laura May 17, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Is this series worth reading then ladies?
Vickie I kind of agree that there is a samie feeling coming through with some of the PNR covers.

Gemma May 17, 2012 at 9:31 pm

I liked book 1 and book 3. Book 2 was meh for me

vickie May 17, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Yeah, I think they are worth a read, but then I love kresley Cole and you guys are not keen lol

Carolyn May 21, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I haven’t read this series yet. I was only semi-joking regarding the wings. I love men with wings so when I found out these guys were angels I was disappointed that there weren’t any gorgeous wings on the cover LOL

Grete May 18, 2012 at 10:31 am

I think I might be in the minority for liking these book covers ;) I like the two themes going on – the necessary hot guy’s back, and then the city street and motorbike.

I can’t wait for this one, I do love the series although it’s definitely not as good as the BDB. I wish some of the brother’s would make cameos tho but then they would probably take over ;) And yes, very rarely are there wings involved so I’m not sure it would tickle your angelwings fancy Carolyn ;)

Gemma May 18, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I just hope Ward resists the urge to bring back the person who died. I *hate* when authors do that.

Vickie May 18, 2012 at 5:55 pm

the one from the very beginning?? I hope not, although it kinda looks as though thats where it might be going…although…..come to think of it… isn’t heron dead?? so if fin they is both dead, there is no problem right?

Gemma May 18, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I’m talking about the angel dude who died. hate when.an author brings back a charactrr has already died.

vickie May 20, 2012 at 7:58 pm

she can’t bring him back surely!!!!