DEARLY BELOVED (Gone with the Respiration #2)
RELEASE DATE: Jan 2013
PUBLISHER: Corgi
GENRE: Zombie, Romance, Young Adult
ARTIST: Unknown

It is 2196, and the city of New London is now markedly changed. Political and social tensions are building around the advent of ‘civilised’ undead, and there’s violence in the streets. When this unrest hits close to home, Nora Dearly and Bram Griswold are once again forced to take control of their own destinies. As old friends become foes and chaos reigns all around them, Nora and Bram must find strength in each other – no matter the cost.

CAROLYN’S THOUGHTS

This is the UK cover to the forthcoming follow up to Dearly Departed in Lia Habel’s Gone with the Respiration series. I like it. I’m not sure on the post of the female model, it looks as though she wants to take a bite out of his neck… I do love her the style and red  of her dress as the colour is needed with the rest being so grey. I like the male model. He looks handsome, dark, and dead. I haven’t started this series yet, but I hope to in the near future, so I can’t really say whether these are fitting for the storyline, but I would definitely pick this up at the book store.

LAURA’S THOUGHTS

Hmm the guy is weird looking. Not completely hero material. Although I do like the contrast of him being in black and white and the heroine in colour. It’s my favourite part of the cover. It clearly marks him as undead and her alive. I am also intrigued by the fact he looks dressed in quite modern clothes, and her in a historical gown. The red of her gown adds to her vibrancy. The sky behind them is atmospheric. Is it sunrise or something more sinister? Overall I really like this one and I would definitely pick it up.

LIA HABEL ONLINE
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

OTHER COVERS IN SERIES

BUY THE BOOK

Tagged with ,

Carolyn

Carolyn created Book Chick City in July 2009 due to her love of books. A Brit chick obsessed with zombies, kick-arse chicks and sexy heroes. She's also seriously addicted to chocolate, shopping, and speciality teas (Teapigs anyone?). Her favourite genres are Urban Fantasy, Romance and Zombie Lit... Brrraaaaiiinnnnsss!

Amy @ Amy's Book Den July 17, 2012 at 11:48 pm

OMG! It’s Bram ♥! He looks so creepishly handsome, just like I imagined. I already have book one in US cover, but I might just give that one away and get the UK covers ;D

Carolyn July 18, 2012 at 7:41 am

So a series you’d recommend?

I must admit I do prefer our UK covers to the US ones as it shows what the book is about.

Laura July 18, 2012 at 8:45 am

I actually haven’t come across this series before, sounds like a good one then? :)

Gemma July 18, 2012 at 8:48 am

Its one of the few times I really like the UK cover than the US one. It just has something about it that would make me want pick it up.

Without reading the synopsis, it makes me think the female is a vampire and the male is obviously a zombie…. lol!

Carolyn July 19, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I agree. The US one doesn’t really give any indication as to what the book is about. It’s just a pretty girl on the front. Whereas these, you know what these are about and that’s what I prefer on my book covers.

The Blonde Zombie July 18, 2012 at 11:26 pm

The first book is really pretty up close, the font is lovely and the zombie dude looks hot…for a zombie.. this new cover, I love the background covers, the dress etc..but the guy looks completely different, he just looks ugly and weird.. still pretty though ;-)

Carolyn July 19, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I like the first cover too. Although I do have to disagree with you about the guy on this cover. I think he looks quite handsome, sort of rugged and fierce looking. He is a zombie after all ;)